The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 3/17/2014
Call to order: A Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 3/17/2014. The meeting was called to order at 6:06pm by Tim Massey President and Dale Trombley, secretary.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Tim Massey, Caroline Blanks, Bill Knapp, Heather Younglbood, Ken Tester, Doug Ledbetter, Pam Etheredge, Robert Etheredge, Wilhelmina Williams
Approval of minutes: There were no previous minutes to approve.
Treasurer’s report: Total Assets $6109. Approval motion made by Doug Seconded by Robert. Approved.
Tim discussed windows to the past, Doug and Arty would be downtown
Craft fair set for June 7, Ken assured us Dawn has it taken care of.
- Bill talked to Steve Smith (East TN regional interpretor) and is being strongly urged that all events [for Crockett Days] need to be near the cabin and not down by the stream where it was last year.
- The park has been given another black powder rifle.
- The black powder shooting range is progressing very nicely
- has invited Steve Smith to any and all meetings.
- April 5th at 12 Noon at Red Clay Bill will talk about Crockett.
Dinner for the reenactors for Crockett Days will be handled by Doug. Motioned by Doug, 2nd by Robert. Doug suggested the drawing for the gift certificate be replaced by a 10 question quiz, best one gets it.
A planning session for Crockett days will soon be announced
Possible black powder competitions with one before Crockett Days and one during Crockett Days open to all reenactors is in the works.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:37 pm by Tim Massey, President.
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval