The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 7/7/2014
Call to order: A Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 7/7/2014. The meeting was called to order at 6:03pm by Tim Massey President and Dale Trombley, secretary.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Tim Massey, Ed Ruch, Joan Ruch, Melodie Daniels, Bill Knapp, Heather Youngblood, Pam Etheredge, Andy Daniels, Doug Ledbetter, Artie O’Neal, Aundrea Knapp, Will Vogt, Robert Etheredge.
Treasurer’s report: Total Assets $6076.90.
Park Managers Update: Bill Knapp
– Bill West has retired.
– Ken is out for an illness in the family (father)
– Bill requests more volunteers if possible to help at the park.
– Wifi is now installed, albeit a bit slow
– The park will be shutting down for repairs (sewer, electric, etc) as of July
– Pool is running, there are rumors that all state park pools will be shut down next year
– Sales are up at the park
– Cabin roof will possibly be fixed this fall
– Money has been reserved for museum floor and windows
– Donation box must have 2 keys (Ed says he has this taken care of)
– Pioneer Kids camp was hot and one group complained about safety of the atlatl, archery, and tomahawk throw locations.
– Still need source for cane for garden fence
– Bill cannot be at astros game historic event
– At windows to the past, 250 people saw the Crockett film
Possible attendees to include Medical tent, w/2 shooting contests (possible mahoneys as awards), candle making, Steve Smith the regional interpreter, corn husk dolls, Keifer (Tomahawk), Fort Vause (outfitters).
Possible short videos (comedy) for website for advertising.
Possible Author Hunt as Crockett and has his own Play. (crockettspeaks.com)
Melody and Audrea mentioned doing Rocky Mnt pilot for classes for crafts, Pam motioned, Robert 2nd and approved.
Ed is working on making the Donation box, ice sales and wood sales a bit more bullet proof. Suggestions welcomed.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:02 pm by Tim Massey, President.
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval