The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 10/6/2014
Call to order: A Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 10/6/2014. The meeting was called to order at 5:58pm by Tim Massey President and Dale Trombley, secretary.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Tim Massey, Ed Ruch, Joan Ruch, Myron Cannon, Kathleen Cannon, Wilhelmina Williams, Charles Bishop, Peggy Bishop, Heather Youngblood, Melodie Daniels, Ken Tester, Bill Knapp
Minutes Approval motion by Wilhelmina and seconded by Heather. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s report: Total Assets $6590.43
- New lifetime member, Kathy of Roane Mnt.
- Ed asked for a better way to track ice and wood funds.
Park Managers Update: Bill Knapp
- Upgrades approved to floor and ½ the building of the office
- Cabin roof will be repaired.
- Mountain Melodies may not happen due to lack of funds and little interest from music groups
- Requests for volunteer help for this years Haunted Trail are being made.
- November 15 is being planned for a muzzle loader turkey shoot.
- Campground printer is not functioning correctly, Bill will update us if help needed in aquiring a new one
- State has made it clear the porta jons being used are not approved by the state and no longer usable. New options are being investigated.
Ed made a motion for $300 for candy for Haunted Trails event and $250 for turkeys for the turkey shoot. Melody seconded. Motion passed.
Crocket Christmas will be December 6th at 4:00pm.
Heather motioned for $300 for Crockett Christmas snacks and drinks. Wilhelmina seconded and the motion passed
Melodie and Heather will be heading up a committee for the purchase of period appropriate and usable utensils, pots, water pitchers, etc and a trunk to store them in for the cabin which can be used for safe food preparation and service. Wilhelmina motioned for $500 for this. Ed seconded and the motion passed.
Dale reminded everyone of the need for improving the wheelchair ramp to the lower section below shelter #3.
Next Meeting: November 3, 2014 at 6:00
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:58 pm by Tim Massey, President.
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval