The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 11/3/2014
Call to order: A Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 11/3/2014. The meeting was called to order at 6:01pm by Tim Massey President.
Members in attendance: Tim Massey, Ed Ruch, Charles Bishop, Peggy Bishop, Heather Youngblood, Myron Cannon, Kathleen Cannon, Aundrea Knapp, Melodie Daniels, Dawn Elberbawy, Pam Etheredge, Robert Etheredge, Ken Tester
Minutes Approval motion by Ed, seconded by Robert,. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s report: Total Assets $6670.48
Park Managers Update: Ken Tester
- New Flooring is being installed in the main office building
- Wifi is still bad, working on possible alternatives
- Iris fund trees will be planted near the fence of the campground proper
- Would like trees planted along pool area, possibly a future Iris fund.
- Bill wants to redo the entrance, something of the idea of Crockett State Park entrance
- Turkey shoot only has 6 people signed up
- Next years BRAT (Bicycle Ride Across TN) may start here
- Bobcat Loader has a crack, Charles has offered to weld it as a professional welder. Charles has asked for $300 for a new welder and $15 for rods.
- Bill has made the decision to keep the wagon for now, compared to wagons of other SP it is in good condition. A new tarp would be in order to keep it covered ($100)
- Wood storage getting low
Ed made a motion for $350 for a welder and rods, and $100 for a tarp. Pam 2nd and the motion passed.
Melody made the suggestion to take leftover candy and make treat bags for kids for Crockett Christmas
Heather has updated the group on the new Special Events Team, please see attachment for details
– FriendsEventTeam first meeting October 10,2014.pdf –
Next Meeting: December 1, 6:00 pm
Next meeting to include on the agenda a discussion about Benefits of Membership.
Next meeting to include a small Christmas Party, if you can, please bring finger foods
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:52 pm by Tim Massey, President.
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval