The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 5/4/2015
Call to order: A Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 5/4/2015. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm by Tim Massey, President
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Tim Massey, Bill Knapp, Melodie Daniels, Ken Tester, Myron Cannon, Kathleen Cannon, Robert Etheredge, Pam Etheredge, Heather Youngblood, Beverly Williams, Wilhelmina Williams.
Minutes Approval motion passed.
Treasurer’s report: Total Assets $5693.91
Park Managers Update:
- Bridge complete
- Wifi complete – Now using Comcast and is working great
- Donation box has two QR codes, one takes you to the website proper the other to the website donation page
- Rifle picture anonymously donated and Ed framed it.
- Out of round stickers
- Civil war picture mounted but can be moved
- Pool to be fixed this month, lifeguards needed
- Garden will be tilled this month
- Inspection was put off 1 month (may 27th)
- Had ten shooters for Grin the Bear shoot
- Sycamore shoals is asking for donations.
- Bill has thank you letters that need to be addressed
Bill – As per Ed,
- Would like to get a new filing cabinet for campground, needs to be able to lock. Robert motioned to purchase a filing cabinet for $200 for Wilhelmina to purchase, a used filing cabinet has been ok’d as well. Pam 2nd and the motion passed.
- would like to try selling Mennonite kindling wood. We would buy for $2.50, mark it up and sell it. Heather motioned to purchase 20 bundles and sell for $3.00, Myron 2nd, motion passed
- Would like to up the request from one weed eater to 2 (next section)
Ken – Request funds to purchase these two weedeaters, FS94R and FS130R. A small one for everyday use and a larger one for heavy duty trail clearing. – Pam motioned, Dale amended the motion to $1000, Beverly 2nd and the motion passed.
Schooldays – Melody-Schooldays was very successful, more needs to be added and corrected for next years event.
Bill-We are being contacted by scouts to offer a schooldays to scouting groups.
Wilhelmina-would like to show how many actually showed up for schooldays. Update: We had 97 paid slots and 30 free slots signed up.
T-shirts – Heather motioned for $500 for t-shirts ($10 per shirt for 50 shirts). Pam 2nd, the motion passed.
- Robert motioned to purchase a filing cabinet for $200 for Wilhelmina to purchase, a used filing cabinet has been ok’d as well. Pam 2nd and the motion passed..
- Heather motioned to purchase 20 bundles and sell for $3.00, Myron 2nd, motion passed
- Pam motioned [for two weedeaters], Dale amended the motion to $1000, Beverly 2nd and the motion passed.
- Heather motioned for $500 for t-shirts ($10 per shirt for 50 shirts). Pam 2nd, the motion passed.
- Heather made the motion to purchase hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, and condiments for the next meeting. Melody 2nd and the motion passed.
Next Meeting: June 1st, 6:00 pm
The next meeting will be at Shelter #1 (the old shelter #3 near the cabin) and will also include the Annual Membership Meeting and Officer Elections. The Friends group will provide hamburgers, hotdogs, and condiments. We ask that members attending this meeting also bring a covered side dish and extras. Heather made the motion to purchase hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, and condiments for the next meeting. Melody 2nd and the motion passed. Heather will send invitations via email to members.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:01 by Tim Massey
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval