The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 10/05/2015
Call to order: The Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends for 2015 was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 10/05/2015. The meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm by Heather Youngblood, Vice President
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Heather Youngblood, Bill Knapp, Tanner Wells, Myron Cannon, Kathleen Cannon, Melodie and Josh Daniels, Robert and Pam Etheredge, Diane Thompson
Minutes approval: Motion made by Robert, Seconded by Myron, Approved.
Treasurer’s report: Total Assets $5901.88
Total Assets on Hand 1 Aug 2015 $5901.88
Education Fund Share $928.68
Total Receipt 1,609.75
Harmon Ice 468.00
Dons Johns 400.00
Signs Plus 358.00
East TN Promotions 90.00
Walmart purchases 104.19
Total assets $6,089.44
Prepared by Dale Trombley, Temporary Acting Treasurer, Secretary.
Park Update: Bill:
- Cooking classes will be thursday
- 2 open positions availabe at park, to be filled… sometime
- Ken will be back on the 8th
- Need new stickers for museum
- Comcast donations, they want it to be used on comcast event items
- We would like to purchase gravel soon. (Robert suggested to ask county for free hauling.)
- Possibly will have signs on trail completed soon
- Need 1x4s for shelters
- Out of bottle cap magnets in museum
- Need prizes for Turkey shoot * Melodie nominated $100 for turkey shoot prizes, Pam seconded and it passed.
- Will have friends booth selling shirts
- Hotdog guy will be here
- Robert motioned for $50 for friends booth hot chocolate and $50 for snacks for bands. Melodie 2nd and passed
- Several members tents will be available
- Diane motioned for up to $400 for porta johns. Pam 2nd and motioned passed
- Dale will arrange porta johns for the event
- Voted online to pay bands for mnt melodies $2000 total.
Conducted homeschool follow up. All documentation is on record for this and will be available upon request.
Next Meeting: Monday, November 2nd, at 6:00 PM
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 pm by Heather Youngblood
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval