The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Annual Membership Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 06/06/2016
Call to order: The Annual Membership Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends for 2016 was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 06/06/2016. The meeting was called to order at 6:07 pm by Tim Massey, President.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Heather Youngblood, Tim Massey, Myron Cannon, Kathleen Cannon, Melodie Daniels, Robert Etheredge, Pam Etheredge, Randal Turner, Donna Hawkins, Turner, Bill Knapp, Wilhelmina Williams, Caroline Blanks, Dorothy Blanks, Ronnie Hopson (Camp Host), Kimberly Miller (Camp Host), Kelsey Freeman, Josh Suttles, Kathy Gentry.
Minutes approval: No minutes
Treasurer’s report: No treasurer’s report
- Submitted word bid totalling $49,000 and was approved
- Firewood is good, just needs to be worked
- Alcohol law changes are coming, not necessarily for the good (allowed per site; weddings, trained and certified bartenders rentals, etc; lounges being put into test parks (bars).
- This weekend is the Appalachian Heritage Fair.
- Reminder, Crockett Days is August 13th
- For halloween, haunted ride, looking for civil war re-enactors
- Sat. June 25th is Pioneer Kids Camp.
Membership Drive: should have thank you cards for new members and renewals.
Committee for CD food: Heather and Pam
Shirts for CD: Melody motions for reorder of 50 shirts. Robert seconded. motion passed.
Young Pioneer Quiz: is planned for Crockett Days again.
Nominations: Caroline nominates all existing officers to remain in office.
Next Meeting: Monday, August 1, at 6:00 PM
Announcements/Comments/Concerns: July 4th meeting has been cancelled.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:39 pm by Tim Massey
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval
Special Board Meeting Election results:
- Tim Massey, President
- Heather Youngblood, Vice President
- Dale Trombley, Secretary
- Ed Ruch, Treasurer.
edited: correction of 50 shirts, not $50 for shirts