The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: 08/01/2016
Call to order: A Monthly Board Meeting of the The Pioneer Friends for 2016 was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 08/01/2016. The meeting was called to order at 6:07 pm by Tim Massey, President.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Heather Youngblood, Tim Massey, Myron Cannon, Kathleen Cannon, Melodie Daniels, Cohen Daniels, Ken Tester, Ed Ruch, Pam Etheredge, Mark Hallback, Beverly Williams.
Minutes approval: Motion by Ed, 2nd by Melody, passed.
Treasurer’s report: Total assets as of 31, July 2016, $6402.39
Monthly Treasurer’s Report July 2016
Pioneer Friends of Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park
Total Assets on Hand 1 July 2016 4728.27
Education Fund Share 929.03
Membership (McAuley, Daigle, Trubey, Embry, Landry,
Vaughn (lifetime), Wallberg, West, Daigle) 310..00
Total Receipt 2433.00
Harmon Ice 414.00
Signs plus ( t-shirts for park) 526.60
Artistic Printers ( Thankyou cards) 90.00
Bill Knapp (battery for solar) 40.00
Total Expenses 1070.60
Education Fund (Savings) 929.09
Checking 30 July 2016 5473.30
Total assets as of 31 July 2016 6402.39
Prepared by Ed Ruch, Treasurer
Park Manager, Bill:
- Current top two projects: 1. Replace fence at cabin. 2. Fumigate cabin for wood bore beetles
- Additional finances being worked out
- New trail map being made to look like national park maps
- Wood rules are becoming even more strict
- Need prizes for shoots and events. Melodie suggests sutlers supply prizes. Ed motion $300 to Bill for prizes. Melodie 2nd, motion passed
- Have CAR station called Crockett corner
- Sell snow cones and lemon aide by donations
- Red and blue (red coats vs blue coats)
- Donations for sending kids to Yorktown
- have games for kids at Crockett Days
Heather: Friends booth for CD needs volunteers/shifts. Also asked Ed for change fund for CD.
Melodie: 31 July 2016 6402.39 Motion $50 for water for CD, Ed 2nd motion passed.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:08 pm by Tim Massey
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval