The Pioneer Friends of Davy
Crockett Birthplace State Park
Meeting Minutes for called meeting
Meeting date: 2/19/2017
Call to order: A special called meeting of the The Pioneer Friends was held at the Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park, Limestone TN, on 2/19/2017.
Members in attendance: Dale Trombley, Heather Youngblood, Tim Massey, Melodie Daniels, Ed Ruch, Pam Etheredge, Robert Etheredge, Caroline Blanks, Jackie Fischer
Minutes approval: na
Treasurer’s report: na
Park Manager, Jackie:
- Shelter near cabin will be moved to campground, beginning soon
- Working on covering all buildings with “D” logs siding
- Confirmed, cabin is to be moved to campground as a campground store
- Confirmed, Vending machine building is to be moved to campground a laundry unit
- New cabin will most likely be poplar, and will first be a lean-to cabin temporary
- The friends group will no longer be allowed to sell firewood
Ed: Mentioned to Jackie about the friends group having money in campground store and also storage room items, also gave a breakdown of last year’s income, Firewood 33%, ice 33% memberships 16%, donations 9%, events 8%.
Nate Dodson is our newest seasonal interpreter
Melodie mentioned to Jackie that palisades are not accurate to a farmstead/homestead
Frozen Frizzen shoot will not have a prize this year, bragging rights only.
Jackie requested of the group $2000 for an individual to come in and demonstrate cabin building. There was much discussion among the group. No motion to carry on the request was made.
Next Meeting: March 5, 2017
Respectfully Submitted by
[Executive Member’s Name] Date of approval